Terms & Conditions
1. This Competition is open to residents in the UK aged 18 years or over, except
a. employees of the Promoter;
b. employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter, who are professionally connected with the Competition or its administration; or
c. members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
2. In entering the Competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any Prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Competition.
3. The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Prize Competition.
4. The Prizes for each Competition are listed on the Promoter’s Website tacklecompetitions.co.uk (“Website”).
5. Any other costs incurred in addition to those set out above and that are incidental to the fulfilment of the Prize are the responsibility of the Winner.
6. Prizes are subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a cash alternative to the value of ticket sales less administrative costs.
7. The Prizes are owned by the Promoter from the date of the Competition going live on the Website to the date that the Winner receives the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the Prize with an alternative Prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
8. The Prize is not negotiable or transferable.
9. To enter a Competition, entrants must create an online account on the Promoter’s Website: tacklecompetitions.co.uk. The instructions for each Competition will be published online. Entrants are required to select the Competition they wish to enter, answer the qualifying question, and provide contact and payment details for the ticket. Please note that when entering online you will not be deemed entered into the Competition until the Promoter confirms your entry which can be confirmed in your account when you login (and any such entry referred to herein as an ‘Entry’ or ‘Entries’). The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your mail. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Multiple Competitions may be operated at the same time by the Promoter and each Competition will have a specific Prizes, specific qualifying questions and closing dates.
10. All entries must be received by the closing date as stated on the Competition information page or additional terms and conditions (if applicable). Save for the specific conditions of postal entries at clause 41 below.
11. No purchase necessary and there is no charge to register for use of the Website.
12. By submitting a Competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
13. For help with entries and for these terms and conditions, please see .
14. A free Entry route available – see free Entry route instructions at clause 36 below. The availability of a free entry route to enter each Competition means that the Competition does not fall within the definition of a lottery under the Gambling Act 2005 and can be operated legally in Great Britain without any need for a licence.
15. A Winner will be selected at random, from all correct and eligible entries received. Winning draws will be streamed live on social media and draw times, dates and viewing location will be publicised on the Website in advance. The Promoter will use an online random number generator with the range of numbers representing the ticket numbers issued. The date that the winner is selected is the Announcement Date. There will be one Competition winner per Competition unless specifically stated otherwise by the Promoter.
16. The Winner will be notified by email or telephone by the Promoter within 10 working days of the closing date of the Competition.
Awarding the Prize
17. The Promoter will attempt to contact the Winner of Competition using the details provided by the entrant at the time of entry (or as subsequently updated) and held securely in the Promoter’s database. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that these details are accurate, up to date and complete. If for any reason these details are taken down, inputted and/or submitted and/or recorded in any way by the entrant incorrectly, the Promoter will not be held responsible for any consequences of this of whatever nature and howsoever arising. Entrants must carefully check their contact details have been recorded correctly.
18. If for any reason the Promoter is unable to contact a Winner within 10 working days (which may be extended at the sole discretion of the Promoter) of the end of a Competition , or the Winner fails for whatever reason or cause to confirm acceptance of the Prize and/or the Winner is disqualified as a result of not complying with or contravening any of these terms and conditions, the Winner hereby agrees that it will immediately, irrevocably and automatically forfeit the Prize and the Prize will remain in the possession and ownership of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
19. The Promoter will contact the Winner using the information they provided in their entry to arrange for the transfer of ownership of the Prize. The Winner will be required to show proof of identification on delivery of the Prize. Any failure to meet this requirement may result in the Winner being disqualified and the Promoter retaining the Prize.
20. The Prize may not be claimed by a third party on behalf of a Winner.
21. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if the winner is not able to take up the Prize.
22. The Prizes and Prize structure available to winners will be clearly stated on the Competition information page or additional terms and conditions (if applicable).
23. Unless explicitly specified on the Competition information page or in additional terms and conditions (if applicable), Prizes do not include provision for any travel or transportation costs, taxes, insurance, or any other items or expenses.
24. There is no cash alternative to the Prize and unless agreed otherwise in writing the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable unless otherwise specifically stated by the Promoter.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a Prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
26. The Promoter also reserves the right at its sole discretion to extend the closing date of any Competition. Each Competition can have the closing time extended by the Promoter up to three times. If the Competition is not sold out following the third extension of time the Prize will be awarded on the basis of 50% of the value of paid Entries to the Competition with only Competition Entrants being entered into the draw.
Limitation of liability
27. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the Prize details beyond the Promoter’s control and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
28. The terms and conditions of any other third party supplier will also apply to the Prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third party terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, these shall take precedence.
29. The Promoter will not be liable for any Prize(s) that do not reach the winners for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
30. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry terms and conditions will be disqualified.
Ownership of Competition entries and intellectual property rights
31. Details of the Prize winners’ full name and county will be available for one month after the close of this promotion by writing to the Promoter at Tackle Competitions Ltd. Suite F5, Allen House Business Centre, Station Road, Sawbridgeworth, Herts. CM21 9JX stating the name and date of the promotion.
32. The name, county and photograph of the winners may be used by the Promoter and its associated companies for post-event publicity purposes. The winners agree to allow the Promoter to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
33. If you object to any or all of your name, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter via email at the following address: [email protected]. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
34. All Competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned.
35. You agree that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its Website and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the Competition. You agree to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the Competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the Competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
36. To enter this promotion by first or second class post, you must set up a free account on the Website and then, using the same details as registered online, send your name, address, date of birth, e- mail address and contact telephone number on a postcard to the Promoter. You must clearly identify the Competition you are entering and answer the question to be eligible for the draw that they wish to enter. Free Competition entries must be received by the Promoter at the address: Tackle Competitions Ltd. Suite F5, Allen House Business Centre, Station Road, Sawbridgeworth, Herts. CM21 9JX. 48 hours prior to the Closing Date. All Competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for Competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
37. The Promoter will not accept proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the Competition.
38. There is a limit of one entry per household. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
39. Postal Competition entries cannot be returned and those sent without an online account will be disqualified.
40. The Promoter is under no obligation to acknowledge postal entries and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of postal entries.
41. The Promoter will not accept Competition entries to the Competition that are:
i. automatically generated by computer;
ii. completed by third parties or in bulk;
iii. llegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged, or tampered with;
iv. photocopies and not originals; or
42. Postal entries must be received 48 hours prior to the closing date for each Competition to allow time for manual processing.
Data protection and publicity
44. The Promoter may refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if the entrant concerned or anyone authorised by the entrant to deal with their entry, acts in a way towards the Promoter or the Promoter’s employees which the Promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If the winning entry is disqualified the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to another entrant.
45. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the Competition.